This winter hasn’t been our heaviest with snowfall by any means, but dang it’s been COLD! It’s about 22 degrees right now in Boston which is over 20 degrees from our average temperature this time of year. I know there are other areas that are colder than here, but I’m just about done with it. And I wouldn’t be a New Englander if I didn’t complain about the weather, right? So park me in the official “I’m over it” spot.
Luckily for us we have a vacation coming up and we are in countdown mode big time! And given that it’s spring break for many and we all seem to be dreaming and longing for warmer days, here’s a few of my beach essentials to get you inspired!
1 & 2. Swimsuit & Swimcover – The most obvious essential – proper attire! We favor the fully clothed beaches vs. the latter, so a pretty swimsuit and a swimcover are required to enjoy the sun and the surf. This thirty-something body does not do bikinis any longer and one-pieces have really made a comeback! This one from J.Crew is really cute and is less than $60 at their factory store. (there’s an extra 30% off discount code today too!) Too avoid getting too much sun, I also love to throw on a swim cover to go for a walk on the beach.
3. Flip-flops are another obvious one. With all the cute patterns and designs, the women in my family can easily build up a collection of 40 pairs each. My mom even has a closet for all of hers – it’s an addiction!
4. Shades aren’t just for when your future’s so bright, but also very helpful when basking in the sun! This pair from Target have a neat gradient and are less than $15. That’s much more in line with my budget since I’m bound to sit on them or squish them at some point!
5. Sunscreen is, of course, imperative! Don’t forget it or you will regret it! (#thatrhymes) I love the line of sunscreen by Australian Gold for it’s great protection, but it also has an amazing fragrance!
6. Books, Magazines, or a Kindle Paperwhite to give you both! I don’t get a lot of time to read on a regular basis so when I’m on vacation I load my Kindle up with at least a dozen books and relax in the sun and read for hours on end. It’s especially great because you can carry so many books at once without adding to your suitcase.
7. I got a beach hat similar to this one from my gals at my bachelorette party and I love it! It’s perfect for when your feeling like your getting a little too much sun or just want a bit more shade.
8. How you are trekking all this stuff to your cabana while holding a fruity cocktail?? A beach bag, of course! This bag looks great and would fit all your beach essentials and probably some snacks too!
If all this beachy talk wasn’t enough to inspire you – how about this view?
Pass me a pina colada! Happy Monday! (And Happy St. Patty’s Day too!)
Any one else done with Old Man Winter? What are your beach favorites?